They are a very healthy way to wrap around a sandwich filling, while having the benefit of not getting soggy like rice paper rolls, etc.
I am still working on the best technique on how to keep them together, though.
Attempt #1: A little lop-sided but still very tasty!
Attempt #2: I think I could use smaller apple slices, but this was a better success!
But like most things, it is what is inside that counts.
This is such an unusual pairing of ingredients but they work wonderfully together. Just as Gena suggested, I used the Zesty Cashew Orange Spread with an apple in a Swiss chard wrap. That dip, divine as it is solo, it is even better in this wrap. There is something about the crisp, sweet apple, paired with the sweet green, along with the tangy citrus spread that knocks my socks off. This is a lovely snack, and once I get some toothpicks, a lovely snack to take on my long cycling trips!
Zesty Cashew Orange Spread and Apple Swiss Chard Wrap
1 apple, sliced (a crisp sweet apple like Jonagold, Fuji, etc works well)
1/4 cup Zesty Cashew Orange Spread
2 large Swiss Chard leaves
1. Cut out the largest part of the Swiss chard stem, in the shape of a V (a good photo tutorial for making Swiss chard wraps is here).
2. Place 1/8 cup of the Zesty Cashew Orange Spread along the length of the leaf.
3. Place apple slices overtop.
4. Roll up cut sides of Swiss chard (near the base), fold in other end, and roll up.
5. Do the same with the other leaf.